My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum and in search of more information (hopefully I can share some too).

I currently have three tractors.

Very old Sears- upgraded to a 12 hp OHV (needs starter, has aluminum deck).

Scotts 15/42" w/VST Hydro (hydro currently apart to change freewheel shaft). In good condition overall. Nice triple bagger and the engine runs very nicely.

Ariens 1640h- Freebie from a neighbor (no spark, rotted deck). I removed the deck and washed it up. It looks great now. Just need to get spark.

The Scotts is what I have been using to mow lawns on the side. I just picked up the Ariens and the Craftsman is just a project.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting pictures.

·
Super Moderator
23,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will meet a great group of helpful and knowledgable people.

Bob

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to MTF!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Lots of good folks here. What part of Mass are you from?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
:Welcome1:

Nice machines. Thanks for the pics. Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
13,144 Posts
Welcome Rideout, This is a good place to find help when you need it. Lots of decent folks. Maybe get a few laughs as well. Take care...

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
RideoutKSC

:MTF_wel2: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Welcome!!..seems to be more members from MA coming on board than anywhere here lately!...

...hey,if your looking for a companion for the Sears in your first photo,I saw one on Craigslist in RI (Warwick) listed a few days ago just like that one with a deck,snowblower,and another parts tractor,all for 150 bucks!,,it had a horizontal shaft 6 hp engine though,yours looks to be a vertical shaft..same body style though,or at least similar..those years are pretty scarce to find and the aluminum decks are even rarer!..

Robert

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone,

Thank you for the kind welcomes. I have been a member of fordaspire.com for a while now. When I found this forum and the info on it I knew I needed to join. I'm in Billerica, Ma.

Time to get some info!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks oldtimer. I have already found that this model is rare with the toolbox under the seat. Definitely worth keeping as a late 60's model! This forum is very helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts