My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just picked up my first tractor, a 1977 Sears 14/6 in pretty decent shape. The previous owner went a little wild with his spray can but I actually kind of like the color. The machine has around 800hrs on it and still runs really well and the custom made trailer will help me move my firewood about this fall.
I have already started looking for attachments (a mower deck would be nice and a snowblower would also see use up here in Maine) and hope to get some guidance in what is actually going to fit this thing.

Thanks,

TGM

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums
looks like we got about the same tractor. mines a 78' gt/14 varidrive

I Have Been Trying to find a snow blower forever. what is your model number and maybe that will help us both so we can find out what blower we need

and again welcome to the forums

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey welcome to the forums
looks like we got about the same tractor. mines a 78' gt/14 varidrive

I Have Been Trying to find a snow blower forever. what is your model number and maybe that will help us both so we can find out what blower we need

and again welcome to the forums
Sounds like a plan.

I believe that the model number is 917.25160. But I will also start a thread in the Sears forum. After taking a closer look at the pulley location I'm really curious how you would drive a blower anyways. Do you happen to have a deck or any other attachments for your tractor? I'm interested in any kind of pictures.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yea i got the mowing deck, i will have to some pics for you and as for the blower it looks like you would have to route the belt for the blower through the slot in your grill because that seems to be the only way to get a belt to it, but i don't understand how you would engage it unless it engaged when you let it down. i have only seen one of these with a blower but it was too far to go get and at a good price too:banghead3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tractor has just performed its first 'real' job besides driving around and annoying the neighbors. I have successfully strapped the kayak to the trailer and moved it from my house back to the lake on the other side of the road. If I think about it, it was basically driving around and annoying the neighbors again, just with a splash of red.

I like loud things...;)

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Welcome to the forum Green Monster - good looking machine!

:MTF_wel2:

Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
Registered
67 Posts
In case you haven't already, check out Maine Craig's List - Saturday, Aug 28 under Farm+Garden. Title of ad is "Lawn Tractors Snow Blowers". Sounds like the guy has lots of Sears tractors and parts. Don't know where you are but he's in Skowhegan. Wish I was closer.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
I know someone that has a plow for one of those - It needs a new skin welded on it, but it has the frame and everything. Interested PM me and i will give you her number. It's in grafton mass though, a drive from you for a plow that need work!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have already started looking for attachments (a mower deck would be nice and a snowblower would also see use up here in Maine) and hope to get some guidance in what is actually going to fit this thing.

Thanks,

TGM
You may be able to get some info from the site below, it seems to have a ton of info on Sears tractors.

http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts