My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice to meet everyone. Just picked up an older JD rider. I'll probably be more of a lurker, but may pick your brains from time to time as technical issues pop up and advice is needed.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R72. Found it on craigslist for $150. This was day one with it, but it fires right up, cosmetically looks real nice (decent recent paint job) and the deck is solid with no holes. The only issue is steering. Gear shaft isn't meshing underneath. I mowed with it today and I can make the steering work if I pull up on the wheel. Will probably need to replace the gearing because it is showing some wear. But overall I'm pretty happy and honestly kind of amazed at how rugged this thing was built. But if anyone can point me in the direction of a reasonably priced tech manual it would be much appreciated. Can't seem to find one for under $80 on Ebay. Jim

·
Super Moderator
16,502 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From southern Maine, Greater Portland area. Yeah I wasn't aware of the introductory post or my name would probably be different. Every other name I was typing in was already taken. Not trying to offend anyone, just looking to talk tractors/riders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts