My Tractor Forum banner

Hello... from Huntsville ONtario

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  wayneb 
#1 · (Edited)
Was looking up something or another Bolens related and stumbled across MTF. What a great place.

I bought a pair of Bolens 5 years ago...a 1453 (G-14) and a 1656 (H-16). Came with 2 mower decks, tiller, snowcaster and a set of wheel weights. Both were in very good shape for 30-plus year old tractors.

I had read about how strong these little guys were but until I started using them for snow removal and hauling wood I had no idea. I'm glad I talked myself out of purchasing something newer for the sake of either a name or the fact that it was "new". They sure don't build them like this anymore.

In the 5 years we've had these, I've learned quite abit about Bolens and my ability to adapt...laying on the ground in the snow when required to fix one thing or another.

Last week I just picked up a dead 1050, primarily for the blade and wheel weights. Being the kind of guy I am...after unloading it - dragging it - off the trailer spent a few hours giving it some fresh oil and gas and a general cleaning and wouldn't you know it..the thing starts! No beauty queen to be sure but it still can hunker down to get the job done. Arguably the best $100 I've spent in some time.

Anyways....hello!!

Steve
Huntsville, Ontario
Bolens 1050, 1453, 1656

- mower deck (x2)
- tiller
- snowcaster
- plow blade

PICS: 1973 Bolens G-14, 1976 Bolens H-16, G-14 & H-16, 1969 Bolens Husky 1050

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

#4 ·
Steve:Welcome to te the forum. I live near by since I am in Burks; falls.
I own a CASE SI (very old-1940's) and just bought today two Masey-Harris on an old farm to check them out.
How can I get one dela like the one you gOT? Congratulations!!!
Rergards, Wilson

#11 ·
Steve

:Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your country by clicking here:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.