My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Bob in Davenport Iowa across the ditch from Moline home of JDeere. I am having a good share of angst trying to negotiate this site and post to the correct forum. My new to me Deere X520 is scalping my lawn and I can not adjust the deck height. Is is so bad I am having to lift the deck and lock it in order to mow and this is't going to work. If anyone can help me or direct me to where I should ask this question I would be very grateful. I did visit a Deere forum, not sure now which as there sees to be very many forums, but the most recent post there was 6 months ago and I need help now ASAP.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Hi, Welcome to MTF! :Welcome1:

The forum you want to post your question in is the John Deere Forum, in the Lawn and Garden Tractor section (if you click the link, it will tke you there directly.) When you get there, you will need to press the "New Thread" button.

Be sure to title your thread with a meaningful name, such as "Need Help Adjusting X520 Deck Height". There are many X500 series owners, and I'm sure one of them will be able to help you out. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will try to post there. So far in the past hour on this site I have not been able to post anything but this message you responded. I'll try your link.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Urban and John, thank you both for your comments. I have had a chance to peek around the site and there is a lot of good information and helpful folks aboard. I hope I can find resolution soon. This will probably be my last lawn mower investment on the large side. Trying to get a "deal" on a Deere is pretty hard as owners seem about as proud as dealers when it comes to "green and yellow" but it irks me that this seller seemed to see me coming. I blame me and not him for that. :duh:

·
-Brandon-
659 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! :MTF_wel2:

-Brandon-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.