My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site while looking for some info on a tractor I bought and really enjoy it. I'm an old farm boy, and have been wanting a tractor for years, but found it hard to justify with kids to feed. I satisfied myself by gardening heavy with my Troybilt Horse and using an old MF 14 that finally woreout beyond fixing. Recently I run up on a deal you don't pass up on a Ford 2600 deisel in really good shape and bought it. A couple weeks ago my Dad found me a 6ft Modern Ag finish mower that a friend was getting rid of for a song, it had been hooked up and used three times and it looks new.

I paid $2500 for the Tractor and $600 for the Mower, yeah,... I'm smiling:thThumbsU . Had to shake a few kinks out, but other than blowing out a tire everything is working great. BTW, if you want to be treated really good at the tire place, called Mr., "yes Sir", smiled at a lot, brought coffee, etc., just buy a rear tire for the tractor. When you get the bill, you will understand why.

When I get this picture posting thing worked out I'll post a picture, may have to get one of the kids to show me how, there is a 1st grader next door who might have time tomorrow........

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
bryan,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello also from Louisiana. I am over in Gilbert. Glad to see you on here i am a newbie too. If i could ask do you still have the MF and what was it's biggest problem. Is it for sale? Just wondering i am gonna be looking for another to woprk on soon. About half way thru with a Sears 10 XL that my Granfather had bought new in about '70

Like i said WELCOME

Ken

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Bryan

·
Registered
585 Posts
:MTF_wel2: I'm from Louisiana also. You will like it here - Lot's of friendly folks and a whole world of useful information.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
bryan

:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this a couple of days ago. Welcome to the forum! Great to have you around.

·
Master Lawn Cutter
43 Posts
Hello Bryan,

Welcome, and I hope you get to enjoy this forum as much as I.....!!

From far south -central Lousisana (Chhurch Point)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts