My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an older Bolens, i think it is a 600 type no clutch plates, just the tension pulley that moves and range changes by pulley change. I have joined to get some info on how to get it working properly.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
:Welcome1: What do you need help with?

Jason

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum you picked the right place to get information.

·
5,525 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome from PEI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have what i think is a 650, the id plate is long gone. The bonded coupling has been bolted straight through, seems to work fine, i know this is not the right way but what are the potential problems? The right side wheel is sloppy appears to be the hub or wheel hub, any ideas on the problem? There is oil all over the left side wheel, any idea what this may be. I will work my way into these problems one at a time, just throwing it out to see if these are common problems and what the common fixes may be. Any insight will be appreciated. I also would like to nail down what model i have if anyone can help?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from Noel, Nova Scotia

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have what i think is a 650, the id plate is long gone. The bonded coupling has been bolted straight through, seems to work fine, i know this is not the right way but what are the potential problems? The right side wheel is sloppy appears to be the hub or wheel hub, any ideas on the problem? There is oil all over the left side wheel, any idea what this may be. I will work my way into these problems one at a time, just throwing it out to see if these are common problems and what the common fixes may be. Any insight will be appreciated. I also would like to nail down what model i have if anyone can help?
Does it have a briggs engine?

·
Registered
829 Posts
:Welcome1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After looking at most of the posts here, some with pics, i think i have a 750. It has a briggs engine, no locking diff and the two speed transmission via a pulley change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts