Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been snooping around this site now and then for a couple months now and finally decided to register.

About me: I've been mowing for ~25 years now. Oddly my earliest memory is mowing with my Mom. I would stand in front of my mom and push the mower from the lower bar that runs horizontal across the handles while she would do the real pushing from up above. Other than that I spent most of my time mowing w/ Dad before taking over completely.
I enjoying mowing our 1/2 acre w/ the Sears 25hp 46" cut riding mower I purchased from the previous owner's of the house my wife and I bought a couple years ago. I also have Dad's old John Deere SB14 and an old Craftsman gas blower. My echo trimmer which was ~20 years old finally bit the dust this year so I purchased a new one from HD. I first bought the straight shaft, but it was too heavy and the clockwise rotation tore up my legs with with rocks and debris. I returned it for a curved shaft model and like it much better since it's just like my old one.

l wish I had more knowledge to repair mowers and other lawn equipment. A couple months ago I paid $100 to have the drive belt installed on my JD SB14... and I had already bought the belt. I tried installing it myself, but the giant spring on the BBC scared me so I dropped it off at the shop. I should have asked for an estimate since I probably would have eaten the $15 cost of the belt and dealt with pushing the mower around.

I hope to gain some knowledge here and enjoy posting with people who also probably enjoy tractors and lawn equipment like I do.
-T

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts

We are glad to have you join us. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums.
Check out ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity.

Don't forget to register what State/Country that you are from..CLICK HERE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.