My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Bob from Alberta. I am new to LGT interests. I am a disabled retired farmer. But just can't quit mucking around in the dirt. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome from Ontario

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a fabulous site. I am gardening about as far north as you would want to go. A couple of miles from the 55th parallel. North of Athabasca Alberta. I would like to Thank Chuck publicly for his help with plans for the hydraulic lift for a sleeve hitch on my old Ford LGT 145. Now I will be able to plow, disc and cultivate again even if it is on a smaller scale. Maybe the wife and I can have a real garden again. And I have something to share with my grandson. What a fantastic place with with very good hearted folks. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi TG, #3 and #4 soil so the garden needed conditioning with composted cow and horse manure. The gardening zone is the hardiest on the charts. You can't grow sweet corn unless you start it inside a greenhouse and then transplant it out, plant by plant very back breaking. I'm a tomatoes, and potatoes guy. And Roses for the wife. Because of my back, I am working on a deal for an old McCormick/Deering potatoe digger. To pull behind the LGT. You can even set them up with a bagger on the back. If you are interested, I'll try and find a picture of one on youtube. All the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts