My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a note to say hello. I am Mark live in North Pole, Alaska. Retired from the U.S. Air Force after 23 Yrs, 11 months, and 10 days. Well my retirement date is 1 Nov, I am on what they call Terminal leave.

I just bought a used Craftsman Garden Tractor, best to my knowledge its a late 90's 18.5 HP Kohler, 46" deck, Hydro Static drive, Green in color, and came with a rear three hard plastic grass catcher. It seems to be in decent shape for a mower in Alaska, the winters are hard on everything up here. Starts up great, just need to get some new throttle cable and choke cable. Also need a new grille, to previous owners ran it with the hood raised and the Exhaust melted it pretty good. I have it temp fixed but looking for a new grille.

Spent all night cleaning up the old grass and temp fixed the hood. Going to tear it down this winter and put a rattle can coat of paint on the deck and mower it self.

Not sure of the year Model number is 917258870. If anyone can tell me the year by the model number please do. Owners manual was printed in 97 so i am thinking it

Mark Buckles

Attachments

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts

We are glad to have you join us. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums.
Check out ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity.

Don't forget to register what State/Country that you are from..CLICK HERE

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mark

Welcome to the club.. I have spent some time in Alaska,, Love the scenery but hated the cold.. Done a few cruises there also..

The serial number under the seat should have the manufacture date in it. Post that whole number here and someone will decipher that date for you,, The serial number on the motor may be the same,, date in the S/N

d

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
welcome!!!.JPG

Does Santa drive a garden tractor?? Say Hi for me :ROF HEE HEE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the warm welcome, i figured that Date of Manufacture, came across the info in a differnet thread. Date of Manufacture is 052297.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was glad to see a note from North Pole. It was just three years ago that we went on an Alaskan Cruise. For part of our tour the bus driver was a retiree from the base and lived in North Pole. Wish I could remember his name. He took us right through the town. Good luck with the tractor.

kkri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts