My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
tube frame hunter
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,I introduced myself over at the main page,but since I'll be hanging out here I'd thought I'd say Hi.I am a second generation bolens user, my father was a collector/enthusiest/horder,I am not quite to the third yet!I like tube frames I have [2]G-14, 1 1556, 1 1257,and a newly aquired H-16,I have done pretty well on my own over the years figuring things out but my "new"h-16 has a problem of my own creation I need some input on.The tractor had sat outside many years unused due to the thread on the head problem with the exhaust[all my techs' have had this]I repaired that and got the unit to run/function,I found the hydro fluid was pink probably from outside storage year round.This is a early unit as it has the fill bottle under the seat pan like my 1556,I removed the filter and turned the hydro by hand to push out the fluid I filled the new filter with atf, installed and filled system thru resevoir [sp] I got this thing so air bound,I bled at the lift cylinder, the outlet of filter housing and the pump also,It kinda works but every time I shut it off I get a purge[gurgling]in the tank[I assume air venting from the top of pump?] I guess my question is how do I properly bleed this blasted thing??I have not run it long enough to heat things up/lack of fluid but I feel so bad as the unit worked so well before I jacked around with it>I was convinced the contaminated fluid would screw it up!Any ideas from here?how to start over again?the forward and back thing did nothing to bleed it.Sorry about the long first post I promise my others will be shorter and hopefully I can help some others along the way with their boleni[ my wifes plural for bolens in quantity] thanks Stevie!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am new to tubes too, and having the same type problem. Mine actually pushs fluid out the vent on the tank cap. The guys at LJ Fluid Power said that the tank being too full can cause it. I will wait and see what the guys here say with ya.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts