My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the reason im here is... I bought a 1976 214 JD. and it needs some work. So I figure this would be a great place to come if i get stuck on something. Im fixing it up with my 8 year old son so he can do some pullin net year. And i like to work on anything with a motor,lol

Later. Bubs

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have found all the tin work that im missing, the side panel is a louver style and i have the screen type but at least i have one to put on for now. A guy 5 min. away had all the pieces i need. I was not going to even look at this thing till fall but im keen to start working on her already. Better get my others jobs done first though

·
Small Engine Mechanic
55 Posts
The 214 Are Great Tractors I Have a 79 & No Regrets

·
Super Moderator
17,144 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome from PEI.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
The screened side covers are correct for the '75 and '76 models, then they went to louvers, but they all fit each other. Have you looked at www.weekendfreedommachines.com ? Great info on all the older JD's. There is also http://gardentractorpullingtips.com . I had thought about turning my '86 214 into a puller, but it does too good a duty as yard mule, and it was complete and "unbent", so I didn't want to change anything. I'd love to find a RF 110 or 112 to mess with, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts