My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Carl. I have a Snapper 28086s lawn tractor. I recently purchased it with a blown up 8hp Briggs. I replaced it with a 13.5hp Briggs. Seems to run pretty well so far. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome to the forum Holleywud nice little tractor, as far as the Briggs I know the feeling they all blow up they are just a junk of a engine I will have to replace mine sometime soon I bet and next time it will be with a Honda.

·
Registered
75 Posts
"as far as the Briggs I know the feeling they all blow up they are just a junk of a engine"

Must say I heartily disagree with your assessment BOSMECH, I have owned many Briggs in the past and just recently repowered my 3083S with a new 13.5 hp because it's original engine finally wore out after decades of faithful service! The most crucial factor to any engine's longevity is based primarily on regular maintenance, especially timely oil and/or filter changes, and avoiding engine overheating, not to say that some problems can't occasionally develop prematurely (in any engine brand, size, configuration or application)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mongoose I know, I take care of all my equipment and I am very anal about my stuff I change my oil about every 25 hours and presserve them during the winter and allthat stuff it's just that the Breaks and Scatter engines don't hold up like a Honda or a Kawasaki and even a Kohler or Tecumseh thats just from my own personal experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts