My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1939 Farmall A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought my first antique tractor back in June. It is a Farmall A that is actually a 1939 model and not a late 40s model, which is apparently what the previous owner thought and put the wrong decals on it. I should mention the previous owner passed away and his daughter sold it to me for $2000. All 4 tires were obviously bought new a few years ago but have not been run very much because the rubber "whiskers" are still on all 4. It has also been converted to 12V and came with a new battery. It starts up easy and runs like the proverbial top.

I've been parking it under a tree as I have no shed for it. It looks like the Sun has faded the paint noticeably in just 4 months.
I am going to work on the sheet metal parts to make it even more Parade ready and will be posting various questions in separate posts.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

I had wanted Farmall Cub or a Super A but this A model was 50 miles away and owner delivered it for $100. Believe it or not I passed on it for about a week after it was posted on FB when I found out it has no hydraulics. Then when I learned how expensive it would be to have the nearest Cub or Super A trucked to me, I decided to take the nearest and best available in my 2021 "tractor draft". I realize now I would have made a huge mistake if I passed on this opportunity.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,633 Posts
Maybe a rub out and application of a UV resistant clear coat to make less work for parade prep and use

1 - 2 of 2 Posts