My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this a nice forum you guys have here. I am shopping for my first tractor and am looking for some information. I will be reading and posting some questions. I am torn between finding a good small Yanmar or Kubota with a loader or buying a new small Mahindra. Any tips or advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a caretaker of a old 200 acre farm place just outside of Water Valley, MS between Enid Lake and the Yocona River that is mostly planted in timber and I am about to buy 20 acres of it. So, I will have ten acres of pasture to maintain and till for pumpkins and the like, 10 acre yard to mow, and I also maintain the fire lanes of the timber. Should have said that in the original post. Just looking for something to make my rural life more productive and efficient.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to MTF. Glad you joined us. Any of those tractors should do the job for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks davidg and jeepersmitty! I think that I am in the ballpark, just really like researching everything a little too much. :thanku:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Redclay

Be sure and visit our Compact Utility Tractor Forums here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

:MTF_wel2: We are glad you found us on the net. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Super Moderator
29,566 Posts
ok, i know about where you are talking about. My stepbrother and stepsister lived in WV with their Mom for a while back in the 80's. they were there when the dual tornados wipe out the town.

i can't really help with advice on the bigger machines, i jsut have my little X500 and i KNOW you need way more than that! but i am glad to see another MS fellow on here, them durn Texans is about to take this place over.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,772 Posts
:MTF_wel: RedClay !, nice to have you with us and best of luck in your quest for your first tractor, shopping is half the fun :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I am sure the quest is half the fun. Yesterday at friends house I noticed the old widow woman next door had a real nice old Ford 3000 in her barn with a nice wide rear axel. My said that her son comes to check on her regularly and cranks the tractor once a month and just loops the property to keep it running good. Maybe she would sell it?

davidg - Those dual tornadoes were BAD! I rode that out in a ditch behind my uncle's house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts