My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The height adjustment knob for my deck will turn all the way around without stopping. Is this normal? Once it is set its fine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is it turning all the way around with the deck raised or lowered? if its raised thats normal but it should not move at all lowered.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry i stated that wrong, it only spins around when the deck is in the raised position. But it spins all the way around and will keep going, but when i set it at 2.5 it seems good and doesn't ever move. I just didn't know whether this was a normal thing or not.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm not overly impressed with the height knob on my gx345. Just seems flimsy and uncalibrated at best. It doesn't have the same 'quality' as the rest of the tractor. It is true though when lowered.

-gh

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine must be about the same way. If feels a bit sloppy when you have it set. I love the rest of the tractor.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
If you look under the knob at what is actually happening you'll see a "stepped wheel" which stops the deck support linkage at ½" intervals. Simple and effective... what's so "low quality" about that? Turning in a complete circle certainly doesn't effect anything about the tractor or the deck operation. My GX quality complaint is more along the line of poor drainage in the cup holder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts