My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i was at a customers house plowing through some high grass with the good ole 10547 in about 2nd gear. I noticed my Rear Wheel adjusters, the rivet would slip out of its slot and the wheels would lower from hitting a bump. So id push em back up, then it happend....one of the rivets decied to fall out and now i cant use my Lawn Boy:crybaby:.........what do i do?

·
Administrator
21,553 Posts
I got a specialty screw that had a larger head the right size as the locking rivet. Put that on my Duraforce and it's been there for about 5 years now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, hope that is the fix that will work.

·
Lawn-Boy Nut
674 Posts
I visit from time to time, but it has been a while since I posted ... all my lawnmower projects are either done or hiding up in the garage attic waiting for another day.

Was going to mention my thread, but I see Bruce already beat me to it.

My 10525 has been my work horse all summer and those rear height adjusters are still as good as the day I modded them !!

Doug

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
Wouldnt a whole new spring lever be better at like 4 bucks each?

92-6540 LH
92-6539 RH

I wouldnt want to risk a bad deck for that amount. I have a lot of machines and not one has lost a rivet though some may be loose by now, they are all around 10 years old. For that many years use I think 4 bucks is a bargain and I think you get a new plastic handle with it. Im just thinking of the time invested in fixing one might not be worth more than 4 bucks.

·
Administrator
21,553 Posts
FordTech brings up a good point. I never would have guessed $4 each on them. I would have thought at least the upper teens. That's a pretty good price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts