My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right way to ask questions. I have a JD 170 and I see the deck adjuster is loose. I took off the cover but I can not see where the spring hooks up???Any help
Thanks

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Sonyford

I moved your thread here (Lawn and Garden Tractors By Brand / John Deere Forum) so hopefully you could get help faster. :Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
JD 170 & 175
101 Posts
The spring hooks to the lower edge of the plastic cover and the upper (by the seat) edge of the cutout in the fender deck. It just deflects sideways to change height settings.

JMJ

·
Registered
682 Posts
It is normal foer it to feel loose. My 165 is the same way. You just move it out of the notch and where you want it and it should be fine. All it does is control how far the deck goes down when you lower it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
thanks i was needing to know where the spring went 2. mine came off when I removed the fenders and i didnt notice where it was hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts