My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can get to the parts lists here
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
The model numbers required to get the correct lists are 32-11B401 for 1987, 32-11B402 for 1988 and 32-11B403 for 1989. These are sometimes called VIN numbers - vehicle identification numbers. I call them the long model number and the 211-4 the short model number. Each tractor has it's own serial number.

The generic part number for the 7228 bulb is 1156 at your local auto parts supplier.
If this does not answer your question post again.

Garry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the number for the whole light or just the bulb? I have two broken lights, bulbs, glass and all. Nothing but the shell left and it has no numbers on it. I tried three different auto stores and we can not match it. Thank U Garry.
Dayton

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The 7228 or 1156 is the part number for the bulb only.

The first link I posted will take you to the parts lists. Enter your tractor's long model number which should be on a decal or plate on the tractor. Click on Search. Next page click on "Assembly Drawings". Next page select the "Frame, Sheet Metal And Covers" and click on it. At the top left corner of the illustraion click on the small printer icon. The page will reload to one that prints well.

Here is a different link to the same information presented in a different manner.
http://www.partstree.com/parts/
Type Toro in the 2nd box. Enter your tractor's long model number in the 3rd box like I wrote it in the 1st post. The (-) dash is necessary and no spaces. Next page click on " FRAME, SHEET METAL AND COVERS #2" and the same page will come up but the parts lists here are priced if the part is still available from Toro. The only parts Toro can still supply are the pods (reflectors) the bulbs are in.

Someone may be able to supply you with used parts and now that you have the original part numbers it is easier to get the correct parts. They may have also been used on other models which improves your chances of finding them. Post a wanted ad with your location and someone not too far away may respond. Send the needed parts numbers and model number to this fellow who has a lawn equipment salvage business
[email protected] and watch Ebay.

Garry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tks again Garry. I think I have that parts search figured out now. I got a couple of numbers that might help out at the auto store. I will probably give daveoman a holler if locals don't have it.
Dayton

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
The 1156 is a good number, atleast at my NAPA. There are similiar types of bulbs with different patterns, ie spot, flood, trapezoid, clear, amber, and 'farm implement', etc. Similiar sized lamps are also used in hand lanterns. Just make sure they are 12 volt, not 6 volt, and watch their current draw (wattage). I prefer the ones with the 'fluted' lens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts