My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ventured outside to water a bit and took a look. Mine are a round flat disk of metal with notches on each side for the tabs on the headlight to fit in. The disk is held on by 3 long plain unstaked rivets, The rivets have a clip pushed over them to secure the disk down tight against the headlight. One rivet is missing and has been replaced by a plain machine screw and nut. It looks like:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm trying to remember where I have seen a setup like this in the past? But as I recall, all it had was a wire (or two) and springs.

I think you could do this: Fashion a piece of stiff wire that goes between the 2 larger closed tabs. Make it like the drawing below, then find 2 springs to go from this wire over to the other side and slide onto the smaller open tabs. Just an idea ...

Look at this HT20 manual - http://sonnys_bolens.tripod.com/manuals/images/largeframe/2087.pdf , page 23 - That looks like your headlight bucket. Interesting, that part number is the same number as the G-14 part, but the G-14 manual doesn't show those tabs you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.