My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
If the studs are there, all you need are the rings and some nuts. The rings show up on eBay all the time. The ones from any tube frame will fit.
I picked up a spare set on eBay for $4.99 plus $2.50 shipping. It would take a whole lot more than $7.49 of my time to make them.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Thanks steevo but I tried the ones from my g10 and they won't work. My g14 has some sort of bracket welded to the hood and the hold down rings for the headlights must have tabs in them or something because there is three slots. I already have the sheet metal and access to a plasma cutter and don't have any funds at the moment so building them would be easier for me.
Interesting. My bad, I thought I had seen the inside of a G14 hood before and that it was the same as the rest. I learn something new every day.
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I think that those kind of headlight mounts used a bent wire spring that is in kind of a "W" shape. The bottom points of the "W" go in the two slotted mounts, and the top ends of the "W" hook under the ones that are open sided.

Oops, just saw that a pic of the right spring wire has been posted.

There you go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.