My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had similar concerns when I got my tractor. My salesman kept reassuring me that all would be okay. I've used them a few times now and haven't had any issues.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
I had them on my old x500 and now on me x7 and no problems they are a great tire. Look good too!

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts
They work great for me! You will like them.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Banned
32 Posts
Had them on an X500 and they look nice but the tread is very shallow on the 16x6.50-8 . They don't work near as well as they do on the rear.

Dry they're OK but in mud or snow they pack up and steer awful especially with a blower on the front.

On bigger GTs like the old X585 and X7xx with larger front wheels I think they would work better.

Went to Vredestein V61 and they are SWEEEEEEET!

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
I have them and I don't think they're any harder on the turf than the regular tires. They do push when filled with the right kind of snow, but that's expected for a RWD machine... If you want something to turn better than I think the V61s are hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I love them on my X728. I am thinking of getting a set for my 425 as well. I can crank the wheel all the way to lock and they do not tear up my grass.

·
Jerry
1,194 Posts
Does anyone have any knowledge whether HDAPs cause compaction of lawn soil? I have long wondered if they act similar to a sheepsfoot compactor used in construction. A sheepsfoot compactor is a heavy roller fitted with protruding feet/pegs. It seems to me that a sheepsfoot or indeed HDAPs effectively reduce the surface area contacting the ground thus increasing the actual weight per square inch.

This in addition to the fear of tearing up soft turf is why I had my dealer exchange the HDAPs for turfs when I ordered my X748 (1300 pounds with deck).

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Does anyone have any knowledge whether HDAPs cause compaction of lawn soil? I have long wondered if they act similar to a sheepsfoot compactor used in construction. A sheepsfoot compactor is a heavy roller fitted with protruding feet/pegs. It seems to me that a sheepsfoot or indeed HDAPs effectively reduce the surface area contacting the ground thus increasing the actual weight per square inch.

This in addition to the fear of tearing up soft turf is why I had my dealer exchange the HDAPs for turfs when I ordered my X748 (1300 pounds with deck).
I'm sure there's a few more pounds per square inch being put down, but not enough to make a noticeable difference as far as compaction; I'll take that any day for the extra bite they give on hills. :fing32:

After a few seasons, I can't see any difference in turf damage compared to the turf tires that I had before; they will make a track if you are heavy on the hammer going through a turn on wet grass, but it's only temporary (and mostly just on the AWD tractor).

·
Registered
109 Posts
no problems here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts