My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to figure out which deere I want either the x320 or x500. I like the looks of the HDAP tires and I was wondering have any of you put them on a x320? If so, could someone post a picture of theirs? I've got a small slope in my backyard but the turf tires on my commercial ztr have done good, but spin when its wet. Do the HDAP tires tear the grass more than the turf tires?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out which deere I want either the x320 or x500. I like the looks of the HDAP tires and I was wondering have any of you put them on a x320? If so, could someone post a picture of theirs? I've got a small slope in my backyard but the turf tires on my commercial ztr have done good, but spin when its wet. Do the HDAP tires tear the grass more than the turf tires?
Nope they do not ripp up the grass. How much land is it? Do you plann on a garden, snow plow/blow, haul trailers, etc. What do you plan??

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
I'm not certain, but I don't think the Carlisle Field Trax or All Trails come in a size small enough for the front of the X320 or X500.

Here, take a look at this size chart.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope they do not ripp up the grass. How much land is it? Do you plann on a garden, snow plow/blow, haul trailers, etc. What do you plan??
I will be cutting around an acre. I have a 40" plug aerator that I will be using and I would like to buy a poly cart to haul mulch, firewood, or other things around the house.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If your ZTR is slipping, I think you would find that HDAPs with the x320 would slip on wet grass as well. One of the major traction advantages with the x500 over the x320 is the differential lock. It's kept me from slipping on many occasions.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't know since my ztr weighs a whole lot more than the x320 or x500.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will be cutting around an acre. I have a 40" plug aerator that I will be using and I would like to buy a poly cart to haul mulch, firewood, or other things around the house.
I asked pretty much the same question on here about a X300 series and was convinced by all to go with the X500 since I was hauling firewood...I also have a sloping hill and want to do snow removal, but most people on here seem to subscribe to buy one level higher than you think you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts