My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That is a bit questionable, c5rulz. It may have been leased all those ages ago, though in those times (20+ years ago) the tanks were purchased also, which one can do still today. Even though I had all the information from the previous owner/lessee's(?) son since the original was dead, Airgas did not have any documentation that the tanks were leased nor did they have any information of the guy himself. The main reason Airgas didn't want anything to do with the tanks was that the certification of the integrity was way out of date. They wanted me to pay for that recertification then give me new filled tanks. I saw that as an end around method of getting a new lease agreement to which I didn't agree to.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
So if you lose the reciept to your tank or buy from an online supplier it's best to trash it it and buy from Airgas. Got it. This is how us beer brewers get our tanks and many get sold second hand as people change systems or get out of brewing. CO2 Tank (Aluminum) - 5 lb. | MoreBeer

I dealt with welding suppy companies in a commercial basis for 20 years. Our local supplier who gave us no trouble for 10 years was bought out by Airgas and they robbed us blind claiming we were always missing tanks. Every freaking week!

Never had supplies on the truck. Everything was always on backorder. I tried to get them to fill a CO2 tank with no supplier label bought from a private owner that was out of date, pay $60 for the hydro test no problem. They refused. Walked into Welsco and they exchanged no problem.

They are not a good company to deal with. Be warned

Sounds like poor records management. Whenever I buy something or do business I maintain files. Consequently I have few problems and if I run into one, it can be easily rectified.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts