My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our hay season started today. Cut 2 small fields. We like to start with the small fields just in case we have any equipment trouble. Things went smoothly so far. Hope to bale this over the weekend.

Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree People in nature
Tire Plant Wheel Tractor Sky
Sky Plant Wheel Tree Tire
Sky Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape
Wheel Sky Tire Plant Tractor
Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot

·
Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
5,097 Posts
I've been looking for a haybinde for my dad. The ones I find need work or are too far away.

Reactions: cjet69

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking for a haybinde for my dad. The ones I find need work or are too far away.
We got lucky and found one on CL and only about 6-7 miles from us. It needed a lot of work. The bearing wee destryed in the wobble box. Good thing dad is a good machinist and was able to repair it.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
5,097 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That hay looks really good, I don't see a lot of other grasses in it.
We sprayed it last year to get rid of the buttercup and other broadleaf's. Should make nice hay.

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hay is not doing well here, too cool and wet.
What part of B.C. are you located. We are just south of the border in Whatcom County.

·
Parts collector
5,097 Posts
My yard looked like that after the first mowing. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did some tedding in the first 2 fields with the 1945 hand start John Deere B. Dad mowed a third field and that will be it for now with possible showers moving in Tuesday morning. Dad is 93 years young this year. Hard to believe he is still haying.

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Slope
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Natural landscape
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Tractor
Sky Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Daytime Plant Tree

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Baled the first field this afternoon and my brother drove the Farmall H and trailer while I loaded the 56 bales. Baler worked good with no misses. Weare try plastic twine for the first time this year. The cost and poor quality of the sisal twine forced the switch.

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Tractor
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Cloud
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle
Sky Plant Cloud Natural landscape Tree

• Love
Reactions: Country1966?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Our hay season started today. Cut 2 small fields. We like to start with the small fields just in case we have any equipment trouble. Things went smoothly so far. Hope to bale this over the weekend.

View attachment 2555816 View attachment 2555817 View attachment 2555818 View attachment 2555819 View attachment 2555820 View attachment 2555821
I really like your variety of older tractors. Some of the more iconic tractors of their era too. The M - Farmall brought back some memories.

My dad bought an M back in the early 80s and we used it on our 20 acre mini-farm to do everything. I was 14 or 15 and I used it for everything from plowing, planting, harvesting, grinding corn (had one of those things on the side that ran a belt grinder) and moving snow. I can still vividly remember the sound of that big gas engine throttling up to pull a plow. That was a great time in my life. I wanted to Farm. My BIL grew up on a dairy farm and he was my idol. Anyway, that M in the picture, at work, was a nice sight.

·
Premium Member
7,444 Posts
I really like your variety of older tractors. Some of the more iconic tractors of their era too. The M - Farmall brought back some memories.

My dad bought an M back in the early 80s and we used it on our 20 acre mini-farm to do everything. I was 14 or 15 and I used it for everything from plowing, planting, harvesting, grinding corn (had one of those things on the side that ran a belt grinder) and moving snow. I can still vividly remember the sound of that big gas engine throttling up to pull a plow. That was a great time in my life. I wanted to Farm. My BIL grew up on a dairy farm and he was my idol. Anyway, that M in the picture, at work, was a nice sight.
We farmed over 400 acres with nothing bigger than a 70 gas John Deere.
That old M replaced a horse or two.
Today BL has 40 acres and a 140hp tractor
How times have changed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts