My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the new to me (and free) 211-4 is acting up already, today i wired lights to it (mainly because it was raining and i got bored) then after that i ran it for a while then it shut off, so then i was cranking it and trying to get it to kick over for a good while and nothing, let it sit for a few minuetes then it started up and ran fine for a while, then it did the same thing a couple times again, ran a little then shut off, theres definatly gas getting to the carb. i really didnt get to look at anything else yet, any suggestions as of where to go next with it

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Check the fuel valve that is under the fuel tank. I found mine was slightly plugged, but became completely plugged after use, even when it was opened completely.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Also check the vent hole in the fuel tank cap. If it is plugged, fuel stops flowing after a short run (vacuum).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cleaned the fuel lines, flushed out the tank really good, sprayed some carb and choke cleaner in the lines and drained em out and sprayed it into the carb, does the same thing still, runs really good for a min or 2 then it starts to rev then it shuts off, then after about 5 mins you can start it up again it has a brand new fuel filter on it as well, i also pulled off the air cleaner just to clean it and everything and then i thought what the **** ill try running it and i think it ran better with out the air cleaner then it does with the cleaner on

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also the fuel shut off valve seems to be in working order i didnt pull it off the tank though, there was quite a bit of sediment and other junk in the tank though

·
Registered
339 Posts
What sounds like is happening is when you start the tractor the fuel bowl if full and is not refilling, hence the high rev( running lean/running out of fuel).
After it quits the fuel bowl has time to refill.
Most likely if you have a fuel pump is has quit working and or the neddle is sticking.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
also to add to the others sounds like a lot of junk in the tank and some were its blocking the line or at the tank how hard is the tank to pull you may want to pull it and flush it out after draing the gas out though the fill cap and the carb may have trash in it also

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think you should clean the carb, something is restricting the fuel going into the bowl, and sounds like its at the needle. Is the air filter clean. wash the element with gas, let dry and add oil to the element, and replace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts