My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you in advance.

I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Pony. 17.5 hp Briggs - Model #13AN779G776

I don't want to run this long, but I think a little history would help me get the best answers.

I bought this mower new and it has been performing great for the past 4 years. It has slung belts and I've replaced the blades, but nothing serious.
2 weeks ago, I jumped on it and it was dead at the key. No clicking, no nothing.
I jumped started it straight from the starter and it fired up, but only ran for a few minutes. Jumped it again and again, it died a few minutes into the run. (It was operating fine while it was running)

Jumping from the starter became less effective, as it will only start when it wants to now and it seems like when it hits any sort of strain, it will kill. Never more than 5 mins or so.

I've replaced the battery, the 20amp fuse at the rear of the mower, the fuel, fuel lines and spark plug. I have fire from the plug and the fuel is flowing through my lines and filter. I have removed the carb bowl and it was clean (real clean)... and made sure the gasket was intact.
I've also checked the switches from the parking break and the seat.
I removed the ignition module, gave it a good look and cleaned up all leads.

The transmission has been acting kind of squirrly too. Not when mowing, just at take off. I don't know if that's related, but I just don't want to leave anything out.

Grass grows fast down here... so any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
George

·
redneckyankee
195 Posts
sorry to hear of your troy built issues i have a 2006 pony 17.5 same machine have used it semi-commertialy since new and have not had problem one .<> not even belts which it is now due for ><':< great machine for the price ><][:<>|{:. fisha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fisha.. I am pleased with the mower and expect at least another 3 or so years from it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts