·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken in SE Oklahoma.

·
Registered
340 Posts
:howdy: :howdy: Tall Grass.............Looks like a really really big pussycat..............John........I would not get tooooooo close...........:sidelaugh :sidelaugh :wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Mother in law leaves those everytime she visits. I wasn't aware she was in OK., I'll have to check her tracking collar she may be on the loose.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i knew it was something simple. lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
The fourth pad sometimes does not show in Mountain lion or cougar tracks, if you find more than one in a row you may see that sometimes Four are prominently displayed, and sometimes only three show up.
Just lookin out for ya Tall Grass! Bring a Dog with ya at least :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fourth pad sometimes does not show in Mountain lion or cougar tracks, if you find more than one in a row you may see that sometimes Four are prominently displayed, and sometimes only three show up.
Just lookin out for ya Tall Grass! Bring a Dog with ya at least :)
Thanks i am learning. Buddy of mine had Tigers plus Cougars. My buddy said they act different towards me because of my limp. They did watch me quite a bit. Not nervous just that waiting look to the eyes.
I decided long ago that i would not be a rare statistic of ever being attacked. I always take my 454 Cassull with me to the woods and the latrine while camping.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
if you hear the sounds of a small child/baby screaming it's head off.......think twice about investigating the source! Unless of course the IS a kid missing. I watched my neighbor pull a no-brainer when he walked up on a mating pair of "cats" one year. Never seen that man run for the home porch so fast.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My buddy walked into an outdoor bathroom one time, and there was a cougar inside. We went back to investigate and there were two broken doors. My buddy had gone through one end and the cougar through the opposites end. He doesn't remember taking the door off the hinges.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those Cougars will whistle also. I compared a track i found to a a paw of a Cougar a friend had. The one in the cage weighed 125lbs. The track i found was maybe 200lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts