My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,338 Posts
Those are expensive toys. That's a pretty good price if you can do all the repairs yourself, but you might be better off to continue waiting for a deal on a tractor with loader that you can do some work with.
If I buy that, there's no way I'm getting a loader, which I'd get a LOT more use from. I might also need to find a new place to live...

In good shape, these things go for a bunch of money.

Mike
Now that I have a loader oh heck no I'd get a loader tractor first.

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
Whoa... Is that real or Photoshopped???

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
It's real, and real expensive too. I saw your post and googled FEL for UTV and found several options, and many YouTube videos of home made ones. I think they are more available than 2021 Ford Broncos. Order yours today, and fire up the GoPro to share with all of us.

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
Who is the manufacturer for that loader, Jere? I'm seeing others that look smaller.

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Sorry to say, I only found the image, and quit looking after that. I saw several smaller buckets too as I look just now. However, there is a pretty sturdy one for an ATV here:

Reactions: TnTkr and mikeinri

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Hauled the last load of shop firewood. The shop wood is any that may have some insects, punky, or just Knarly wood that we don't want to bring in the house.

Plant Wood Tree Natural landscape Grass Plant Wheel Tire Wood Motor vehicle Plant Food Tree Wood Fruit

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
I burn that stuff outdoors, and try to burn it as soon as possible, especially if there are bugs inside of the wood. I don't have a shop (and neither the garage nor shed have any heat source), but wouldn't want to bring anything buggy into any structure.

Mike

Reactions: cjet69

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
I burn that stuff outdoors, and try to burn it as soon as possible, especially if there are bugs inside of the wood. I don't have a shop (and neither the garage nor shed have any heat source), but wouldn't want to bring anything buggy into any structure.
Self-correction / clarification:

I wouldn't want to bring a piece of firewood, with a wood-eating bug(s) in it, into a wood-framed structure!

I suppose it wouldn't matter as much if the shop were a steel building (and you weren't storing lumber inside).

Mike

Reactions: cjet69

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
The shop wood comes from the wood shed and right into the fire. Usually the bugs have moved on after I destroy their home during splitting and the months of drying in the shed. A couple of times I have brought mice into the house that made a home in a hollow chunk of wood. I hate it when that happens.

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
Wow. I inspect everything for holes, and burn anything questionable outdoors. Better to be safe than sorry! Mice and chipmunks love the woodpiles here.

Mike

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
I've had carpenter ants hidden in pallet wood in my garage end up destroying much of the rear endwall--they got into the headers and plywood and hollowed it out ,looked OK on the outside,but nothing was left on the inside but sawdust and a billion huge ants..
I only bring enough wood in the house to burn that day now..(not that I could haul more than that in my current condition anyhow)...my wood piles always have mice nests,lots of spiders,some as big as turantulas,I do not need them in my house..

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
This thread looked like it needed some reviving. Got a load of logs on the trailer behind the Farmall Super C ready to transport. Most are destined for the sawmill and a couple will be bucked up for firewood.

Tire Plant Wheel Tree Wood Plant Sky Tree Wood Natural landscape

Reactions: TnTkr
121 - 135 of 135 Posts