My Tractor Forum banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
I can haul the wood now thanks to Joe (rarefish383). I purchased this from him Wed and my new business has 2 trees to take down in 2 weeks. Load and dump. No Back problems. LOL........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Hauled a couple loads in the Gator. Had some help from my brothers 8 yr old grandson on the first load. He likes driving the Gator more than stacking the wood, but he does help load and unload. He wasn't interested in the second load so he went home. I got the second one loaded and hauled and will be stacking it after afternoon coffee break.

GOPR0890-m.JPG GOPR0891-m.JPG GOPR0893-m.JPG GOPR0895-m.JPG GOPR0897-m.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Nice! Sounds like my 10-year-old (minus driving the tractor). He usually wants to quit after the second cart load. Depending how tired/whiny he is, I sometimes can get one more load out of him. The key is knowing when NOT to push my luck...

Mike

Reactions: cjet69

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Finished stacking the second load. The 2 loads give me a stack that is a little over 4' tall and 11' long. I have about 1/3 of a load still to pick up from this tree along with some of the top pieces that still need some processing.

GOPR0847-m.JPG GOPR0898-m.JPG

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Nice clean wood and I am envious of that gator for hauling the wood. My grandson would be in heaven if we had a gator to share. His is not quite up to the woods trails:

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Get your chipper running, and start paving the trail, that little gator looks like fun!

Mike

Reactions: Jere39 and cjet69

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
My brothers grandson started the same way. Then he wanted to haul hay. This was back in late July of 2016. He has since moved on to garden tractors, Gator, and even our small Yanmar tractor.

100_5325 (Medium).JPG

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Hauled 2 loads in the Gator and got a little help from my brothers grandson who brought his GT225( use to be mine, but I have been told its his now) with trailer. Dad needed the Gator to do some fencing this afternoon so I hope to finish the hauling tomorrow.

GOPR0937-m.JPG GOPR0939-m.JPG GOPR0940-m.JPG GOPR0942-m.JPG

Reactions: Jere39

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Well we took the 2 trees down for the customer/friend of my business partner. We made 10 trips to the "dump for free" mulch place over the last week. Then started bringing the good stuff home!

Attachments

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Brought out the Farmall M with the flatbed to haul this Alder tree.

GOPR0946-m.JPG GOPR0947-m.JPG

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Hauled 1 load this evening on my return trip from feeding the cows. Might have about 1 load left of split wood to haul. Time to drag some more logs out.

GOPR0958-m.JPG GOPR0959-m.JPG

·
Super Moderator
37,141 Posts
Nice clean wood and I am envious of that gator for hauling the wood. My grandson would be in heaven if we had a gator to share. His is not quite up to the woods trails:

View attachment 2494546
He has that look that says, "I bet I can get a cord in there if I pack it just right!"

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
That Gator really comes in handy for you.

Reactions: cjet69

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
That Gator really comes in handy for you.
Its probably one of the most useful purchase's we have made for around the small farm. Before we bought it we used garden tractors and trailers which were very rough riding in the fields or would get stuck. The other option was a tractor and utility trailer, but they would sink in and rut up the wet ground or wouldn't fit between the trees for gathering up the firewood. Just can't imagine doing without it at this point. Our biggest problem now is not having 2 of them running. We do have a second one that we got in the purchase and swapped parts to get one runner. The plan has always been to get the second one going at some point. It would need some rust repair on the frame and an engine rebuild. Neither of these is a problem for us, just making the time.

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Man, wish I had the cash for this (also wish it were $1500, lol)...

I'd love to know how he destroyed the hood, bed and driveshaft. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know...

Mike

Screenshot_20210405-184235_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210405-184241_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210405-184244_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210405-184259_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210405-184322_Chrome.jpg

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
Those are expensive toys. That's a pretty good price if you can do all the repairs yourself, but you might be better off to continue waiting for a deal on a tractor with loader that you can do some work with.

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
If I buy that, there's no way I'm getting a loader, which I'd get a LOT more use from. I might also need to find a new place to live...

In good shape, these things go for a bunch of money.

Mike

101 - 120 of 134 Posts