My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and finally decided to go legit and sign up. I'm not a Lawn Boy afficionado myself but I totally understand what its like to have the desire to accumulate as many mowers of a particular brand as you can. My own poison of choice is Murray riding mowers. To the bewilderment of everyone in my life I've poured about 450.00 into my 1990 Murray over the past two years. Its now basically a brand new machine save for the sheetmetal and transaxle. Two weeks ago I drove 80 miles to snag a very gently used 1996 8hp/30" rear engine for $270.00.
To me, theres nothing more satisfying outside of hunting season than a nice spring day behind the wheel of a little riding mower, the same feeling you guys get pushing a Lawn Boy. The rumble of a Briggs & Stratton is music to my ears as the hum of a 2 stroke is to you. Cheers!!

·
4,275 Posts
Welcome to MTF! You are now officially just as looney as anyone else here.
Enjoy. If you haven't allready, check out Home also.
Again, welcome

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,789 Posts
Hey fellas. I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and finally decided to go legit and sign up. I'm not a Lawn Boy afficionado myself but I totally understand what its like to have the desire to accumulate as many mowers of a particular brand as you can. My own poison of choice is Murray riding mowers. To the bewilderment of everyone in my life I've poured about 450.00 into my 1990 Murray over the past two years. Its now basically a brand new machine save for the sheetmetal and transaxle. Two weeks ago I drove 80 miles to snag a very gently used 1996 8hp/30" rear engine for $270.00.
To me, theres nothing more satisfying outside of hunting season than a nice spring day behind the wheel of a little riding mower, the same feeling you guys get pushing a Lawn Boy. The rumble of a Briggs & Stratton is music to my ears as the hum of a 2 stroke is to you. Cheers!!
Any restoration job like that deserves commendation. Congratulations and well done! Anyone can BUY a new mower, but it takes a truly dedicated enthusiast to do a ground up restoration.

·
Banned
864 Posts
:MTF_wel2: dude :MTF_wel:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the grass cutting addiction.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your in for it now, there is no cure whether it be lawnboys or Murrays :ROF

PS. Cappy, we got some talkin to do.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I also like Murray riders. I remember as a kid my dad having them. I have tried to find that mower model local, never have. I do have 2 push murrays. I love the red color.....and that Briggs sound reminds me of summer as a kid.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes. Knight, you have the greatest avatar I have ever seen in my life. Around here at least, its impossible to find any Murrays made before the mid-80's. I'm thinking that the brand really took off when they started selling them at the big department stores. I still remember helping my dad load up our brand new 11hp/36" at Walmart in 1986. I really hope Briggs decides to bring Murray back, even if only a few models. They brought Allis-Chalmers back, so why not?

·
Lawnboy Green
633 Posts
Hey like your avatar! Brain Salad Surgery! Been a long time since I heard that one on the radio. Welcome to MTF.

Best wishes,
Bob

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I have Brain Salad Surgery on original vinyl and CD. ELP rocks my world.

·
Registered
191 Posts
FergusonTO35
Sounds to me your on the edge, the edge of possibly falling into the Lawnboy crew. Come on now..be honest..if you were to be headed down the road and saw a poor ole Lawnboy sitting at the curb, you would just keep on going? Ok, maybe, just maybe you would, just keep on going buttttt in the back of your mind you will be thinking...humm..if it's still there on the way back, I will pick it up. Oh yea, come on, join in and smell the two stroke oil with us. You will never regret it!

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
:MTF_wel2: :MTF_wel: You will make alot of friends here !

·
Registered
656 Posts
FergusonTO35
Sounds to me your on the edge, the edge of possibly falling into the Lawnboy crew. Come on now..be honest..if you were to be headed down the road and saw a poor ole Lawnboy sitting at the curb, you would just keep on going? Ok, maybe, just maybe you would, just keep on going buttttt in the back of your mind you will be thinking...humm..if it's still there on the way back, I will pick it up. Oh yea, come on, join in and smell the two stroke oil with us. You will never regret it!
I think he's correct.....................................................:MTF_wel:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts