My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Did you contact the flipper and ask what bypassing he did?

·
Professional Homeowner
7,507 Posts
I bought one from a flipper early this week. Early Wheelhorse 520-H. Most of the repairs were done VERY nicely. Wheelhorse stuff always has wiring issues by design (open hood+exposed wiring = issues. He redid the fuse block right. He was completely honest. I knew it had a seat switch issue, and the included snowblower needs rebuilt (chain, bearings, couple missing parts I have). I bought it to possibly trade for a more valuable quad, but I made the mistake of using it today & fell in love with the silky smooth Onan and hill negotiating capabilities.
This flipper gets an A+ from me. The “A” is for the smoking deal on the machine (which was actually his personal machine for the last 4 years), and the “+” is for being a great guy!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have people give riding mowers and push mowers to me because they dont want to pay for a shop to repair them. They just go buy a new one. I fix them up and sell them just to get the money back i have put into them. I just enjoy work on mowers and engines. Its getting hard to sell them because most people around here dont want to cut their grass they pay to have it cut. I mostly just get back what i put into them and try to fix all i know that needs repair.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I actually located the fuel delivery problem that killed 2 pumps. I bet it's one of the reasons the guy ended up with the tractor in the first place..
Dead mouse in the gas tank. in tact but bleached pure white. It's been there a while. That would plug up the pickup for sure.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts