My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Gator 620i that needs a new volt. reg. but come on, $226! It's gettin' alot easier to buy anything other than green. There was a x-ref for it but this model year has two, separate 3-spade connectors for a total of six spades where the "older" model '98 had either a single-row three or a double row three for a total of 6 spades in a single connector. Anyone know of somwething for an 06 Gator lewss than $226? JD part no. is MIU11409 where the '98 is model no. AM126304

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
A quick Google search shows it several places for under $200.00 but I can't find any x-ref for another part number either. Check the prices and shipping charges combined, as some places will list a really low price for the part but then they ream you for the shipping charges to make their money, so check several sites and go part way through the checkout process to find out what the shipping charges are on several sites before you commit to buying it at any of them.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
It would be interesting to know what sorts of functions this 'regulator' actually does. There is no reason for there to be so many wires. The air cooled Kawi motors have 2 wires from the stator to the regulator and one wire that goes to the plus side of the batt and that is it.

The liquid cooled motor that came off my LX178 HAD the bigger VR plus a cdi ign box plus the circuit board in the mower's wiring harness to make all the safety interlocks function. I have an HPX and a 6x4 Gators and I kept all the ign bits and the VR and stator off the LX178's dead motor hoping that they might work on the 6x4's motor if I needed spares.

I had a Merc 25hp boat motor that I bought and cranked up without a batt hooked up and fried the rectifier. Instead of a $60 Merc part there was a cheap sub-$10 Radio Shack part that would work with a change in connectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, no luck. Ammeter says the stators putting out power and everything else is working. I replaced the battery with an identical one from Auto Zone at half the price with a 3-year guarantee and the fuel pump sound has diminished significantly. All I can think of is that it wasn't getting enough power and was "howling" in pain so I'll just let things continue on. I don't know where all those wires go either. It's a simple little machine... at least it used to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts