My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a kohler Command pro (CV22) in a craftsman garden tractor I use it mainly for running my snow blower so it sits a lot. I have tried every weight oil form stright 10 weight to 40 weight to multi weights , currentialy has mobile 1 10w30 in it
they all do NOT stop the noisy lifter issue the lifter is on the right side and i believe it is the intake lifter ( upper ) . I have heard of a "kit" but it appears to be just a breather upgrade so that won't solve the issue. Has anyone out ther found a solution that works besides just letting it idle till it doesn't make noise any more , it can take up to 20 min to stop clattering when sitting at mid revs

thanks

chirs

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I had a kolher 22 horse that made noise on every oil I tried. a mechanic at my dealer told me to use kolher brand oil as its specially formulated for this. well I did and low and behold I never had a lifter tick again . ran the motor several years of commercial use . no noise. its got very high level of zinc apparently . found mine at tractor supply. also change oil frequently helped. this motor drove its self to the lawnmower graveyard as quiet as could be. was extremely worn out and still quiet.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
The site ate my post.

three things: pump pressure/volume, filter restriction, check valve in the lifter and gummed lifter. take your pick.
tired of typing and having posts thrown away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts