My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy has a large collection of Lawn Boys. His name is Doug from the Chicago area. I don't know, maybe he's a member. Seems to me he knows his stuff. Rebuilds all of his motors. He has this bicentennial LB that I have never seen before. Looks like it came out of the box.

He also has a couple of NOS electric LB's. One is powered by three 12 volt motorcycle batteries in series: 36 volts! The other is a extension cord model!

He also collects old TV's too.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/10107850

Check it out.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Lives in Batavia, IL. Good guy, and as mentioned, is a member. I've chatted with him a few times in the past, and Shawnlb picked up a mower or two a few years back.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Thats UHF/Doug. Very nice guy. I think he got rid of a good amount of stuff awhile back..

He has/had some cool LB's. He really knows his stuff. Seem s very knowledgeable about LB's in general.

·
Chris Schick
173 Posts
Doug is a great guy and has a very nice collection of lawn-boys. I have bought some stuff from him and he knows lawnboys.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
A year or so abck I was hunting the internet for pics of the bicentenial model and ran across his photo site, as well as MTF. His collection is very impressive to say the least! I'd love to have ALL of the Lawn Boys he has! It's just a nice collection of older machines. Between that and MTF I was inspired to start my own collection.

If I recall that bicentennial DID just come out of the box too, had been sitting in the box at a dealership from when it was sent to them. Awesome find and I'm sure he had/has no intentions of ever putting fuel in it. I'd love to have it, just for collectors sake, but then again I like my mowers to be able to be used (gently). That one belongs in a display case!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts