My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced lift pivot bushings with copper instead of plastic? Getting ready for snow and noticed creaking when lifting and lowering inspeted and found my lift pivot bushing on one side cracked (plastic) . Was thinking there is a lot of force on that bushing and was wonderinv if maybe brass would be the way to go for a replacement ? Has anyone done that and if so know any part numbers? Otherwise may just order some plastic ones they are cheap and i need them soon. Thanks mike

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I've wondered the same thing about the old plastic. I suspect they used it because there's no good way to lube them. And probably because it was cheap.

Mcmaster has a bunch of oilite bronze bushings that would probably work. If I get around to my 800-series rebuild, I was eyeing those. https://www.mcmaster.com/bronze

If you do try them, or find a better solution, please post back.

·
2,115 Posts
I was going to say bronze would be better also.....copper and brass would be too soft I believe...You may have to find the proper OD ..and then drill out to get the right ID

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Wonder if those are neoprene instead of plastic. Neoprene is what bridges set on. Very rugged and no need for constant lubricating.
I dont see bronze, lubricant and fine dirt playing well together.

·
WALTMART
184 Posts
Nice part is they have them in hardened alloy in bronze as well as all different sizes, ID and OD, Had to make a new bushing for a 1942 lathe and they had the correct size needed for that, Little fabrication and was good to go. I do believe they also have a minimum $ for orders,

GLAD I CAN ASSIST WHERE I CAN!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts