My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here tried this?

I have a local powder-coating house that does great work for not much money. I had originally planned to just have a project deck sandblasted by this same company and then bring it back home and paint it... but they have a green color that is a real nice match to Lawnboy green.

So... should I go for it? I know it won't look totally factory, but it'll be close I think. My main concern is how long will it last. Also touch-up would be a bear!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! That mower belongs in a museum.

I'm headed over to that thread to ask some questions. :)

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Not a deck, but the last project(8430) got the shroud and fuel tank stand done. Great finish!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Did it come out smooth? I have quite a bit of my engine in my truck pwdercoated. It's really tough, but it's not really that smooth. Sorta like orange peel in a regular paint job.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hmm. Maybe the powdercoater just didn't do a good job on mine...

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Did you have the work done PR? I know my coated can do "hammered" finishes and texture "wrinkle" finishes also. Maybe that's what you got?. The place I go had/has many large industrial accounts, and can handle large pieces, from auto frames to small plane fuselages.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. Maybe the powdercoater just didn't do a good job on mine...
Could be. They also tend to default to a textured product for rough cast pieces. That could be what happened.

Actually if I do the handle from my 10515 - 22240 conversion mower, I will do a light texture there as the factory paint has some sort of texture to it. Not sure if I will, though because the handle is in beautiful shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts