My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
tomboy
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud owner of a GC2400 and still amazed what these scuts can do. I was getting her all ready for winter the other night, cutting deck off. That thing has got to weight about 300lbs. Fel put back on and 3pth snowblower attached all greased and ready for the white stuff. I have my rear tires loaded and can add about 100lbs across the front end. what i was thinking is making something that would attach to the arms that connected to the mowing deck. I can lock those arms up and if made properly have it tucked up where it should be out of the way. Yes i have thought of chains on the tires but I thought this idea was kind on neat and thought I would share it. should be able to add about 150-200lbs near the center of the tractor without to many problems. Any thoughts good or bad. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
I have loaded rear turfs on my GC2310. Those, plus the 5' backblade and FEL are enough to pull cars out of snowbanks. In 5 winters without chains, traction has not been an issue.

Your blower is heavier than my back blade and you can always pick up a bucket load of snow for more front traction.

If I want more weight, I have a set of MF wheel weights sitting in the garage and a new set of chains in the carport. Don't need either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.