Senior Tinkerer
1,582 Posts

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
The next seat I buy wiil likely come from Baileys.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Baileys has 21 different tractor seats. THey used to have pictures of them all.

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
I've tried several 3rd party seats that were supposed to fit a Gravely (even made by the same company that made the Gravely seat), and the bolt hole
pattern did not match my G springs. The seat springs would be very difficult to drill through to make a non-Gravely seat fit. If you had a 400 or 800 series there are a couple good ones I could recommend. For a G, the choices are pretty limited.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
I made an adapter when I put the Norther Tool seats on the 818 and 8123. It consists of pieces of 1"x 3/8" aluminum bar, drilled, countersunk and tapped. I hold the bar onto the seat with some flat head SHCS. Hex head cap screws hold the bar and seat assembly onto the springs.

I bought a Gravely seat for the 24G.

·
Registered
59 Posts
PA RedRider -

Please share your recommendations for a 800 series tractor seat.

thanks.

Richard -

Which Northern seat(s) did you use - evaluation?

thanks, too.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Last one I bought from Richards. Fit great and great quality.

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
PA RedRider -

Please share your recommendations for a 800 series tractor seat.

thanks.

Richard -

Which Northern seat(s) did you use - evaluation?

thanks, too.
Did not see this question until today. Thanks to jepics for reviving this thread. For a 400 or 800 series, I like the low back from Michigan found here:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_345947_345947

I had one on my 424 and loved it. I also have some of the plastic seat bumpers (used 4) with the inset washers to mount it on the rear fender. Worked out well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks all - I am going with Baily's #690-888 as in the following pic from another member.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1162&pictureid=4391
It's a pretty nice seat for a decent price. Baileys shipped mine very quickly. I should mention that the seat back has about eight threaded holes in the back. I guess they could be used to mount a basket, lights or a triangle. In any case I wasn't aware the back had holes until I unpacked the seat from the shipping carton. Thought you might want to know..

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
It's a pretty nice seat for a decent price. Baileys shipped mine very quickly. I should mention that the seat back has about eight threaded holes in the back. I guess they could be used to mount a basket, lights or a triangle. In any case I wasn't aware the back had holes until I unpacked the seat from the shipping carton. Thought you might want to know..
Who sells these?

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts