My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these simplicity 7016's that hard to steer?

I have had my in the garage for the last couple of weeks getting things in shape for the winter, had to fabricate a lift bar and straighten out some sheet metal since the previous owner had hooked the corner of the blower on something and mangled it a bit.
Just went and pulled it out of the garage so I could park my car in there and wow... I do a fairly labor intensive job and am definitely not a weak person by any means, and I could hardly turn the wheel. I felt like I was going to break the steering wheel. The blower was on and lifted up at the time. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
THey are normally difficult to turn the wheels with out moving but it should be fairly easy to turn the wheels moving. In no means should you feel that you may break the steering wheel trying to turn. It sounds like something is binding somewhere. I would grease all of the linkages, steering gears and the spindles. That should help free up your steering.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Grease everything, put more air in the front tires, use some weight on the rear of the tractor. The blower is heavy, and soft tires with no counterweight can make it pretty hard to steer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
I'm going to jack up the front of the tractor and make sure its turns freely, then I will grease everything up. I thought about adding some air to the tires yesterday but didn't get around to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts