My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have LB 10252 with those big high 12" wheels in the rear. I need ONE. Have checked with ereplacementparts, partstree, Jack's Small Engines, and Stens. Unable to find anything except lots of references that the part is no longer available. Lawnboy p/n 99-5220. So are there any under the radar places that you know of ? Thanks. Can probably git this season out of it, maybe another, but it's pretty wobbly back there. Not well-designed - a wheel that large will stress the crap out of the hub. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
21,090 Posts
Wonder if the generic high wheel replacement parts would work? Any idea on the size?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. They are 12 Inches. Do you know where to find them?

·
4,164 Posts
Try McMaster Carr or Graingers..they won't have it as a LB part...but if you have the hub diameter and outside diameter they would likely have something that you could use ...probably better than original part

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. I measured the wheel. It is 14" diameter, measuring the tread, too, not just the rim. So 12" will be too small. But I'll look at the other guys. With my luck the axle diameter will be wrong.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brad: They are 14" diameter, not 12.

·
5,402 Posts
I did a Google search for that part number and did find 2 listings on eBay. Bill

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Item # 188327 Model # 1475-P
Arnold 14-in Wheel for Universal Application
42 Ratings

4.2 Average
84%Recommend this
product
Community Q&AView Now
  • Product 360 View
  • Product Image 1
  • Product Image 2Check these out a Lowe's
Arnold 14-in Wheel for Universal Application

$14.98

• Fits most walk-behind mowers and lawn carts
  • Replaces 14-in x 1.75-in plastic wheel
  • 2-1/2-in hub length

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, fellas. I didn't know to ask for them as "high wheels". There's a lot out there , and I think the McMaster-Carr version has the highest weight bearing capability.

·
4,164 Posts
I think the McMaster Carr ..and Grainger ones have center bearings also ...they cost more...but I think they will last your lifetime

·
Administrator
21,090 Posts
Another word. Measure the distance across the axle hole on the current and new wheels. Also the diameter of the hole. Now, if the shaft diameter and hole diameter are not right that is an easy fix. Someone on here, a long time ago, posted a fix. Drill out the hole on the new wheel and get a brass bushing of the right ID and press into the hole. Problem solved and brass on steel will last longer than plastic on steel. Now, if you can get a good replacement with bearings, you will never wear them out again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts