My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of re-powering a rototiller with one of these 6.5 horse horizontal shaft engines. They are supposedly cloned after a Honda engine, anybody have good/ bad results with these Chinese engines?? The price almost seems too good to be true, on sale now for $99.00.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i myself have not used one, but many people on here have. they have a generally excellent rep with most members :fing32:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
that price you cant go wrong, keep good oil in her and keep the filter clean it will prob last as long as the tiller, i herd its a honda painted blue with another sticker on it

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought one of these to repower a gocart. It was on sale for 99.99 and they let me use the 20% off coupon that you can find in the back of almost any auto magazine. Can't beat 79.99! $103 "otd" shipping, tax, and a 1 year free replacement warranty. A buddy of mine bought one also. We're going to put it on his troybilt bronco tomorrow afternoon. I have to say that so far I'm impressed. It runs really good, cranks easily, and has plenty of power.

Attachments

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
I previously worked in the factory that builds these engines in China. NOTHING to fear here. They are built by one of the top engine manufacturers in Chongqing China. There is also a distributor here in USA that has parts should you need them. (Arent you glad you asked)!

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
Congrats!
That blue is kind of hard on the eyes, though.

·
Banned
2 Posts
They are the same as the POWER FIST motors made for princess auto ..Thats are version of harbor freight..they are a honda clone ..I used a 6 and half horse on a tiller worked mint ...I had a few pulleys kicking around from some of the snow blowers i took apart used one of those had to make a few modes for the belt engagement and the shield but no major probs

·
Banned
2 Posts
This was a 6.5 hp...honda gx200 clone I believe. Got lucky on this install. Zero modifications..bolted right up.

right on they do work well...All i had to do was make a bracket for the tension-er pully and fab my own guard for the belt ... I also put one on a single stage snowblower worked great

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
They use Honda replacement air filters too? Does anyone know if they are built with bearing supported cranks like the GX Hondas?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the great opinions and info!, yes I am glad I asked!

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
Yes they do have the roller bearings on both ends of the crank.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are they the same engine as the Northern Tool. "Power Horse" engine. I have been looking at a 13hp one for a project of mine.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Nope. The Power Horse engine is made by LCT-Liquid Combustion Technology. Slightly different in terms of carb/setup, but still a quality engine. The mother company is located in North Carolina(I think it is). I'm leaning towards picking up 1 or 2 of these Greyhounds though for the price of $99. Can hardly go wrong with that.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
too bad they don't make these in a vertical shaft in larger hp ratings, seems like a good price for them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yep, the tractor mentioned above is mine. I've been running the HF engine for a coupla years now. It cranks on 1st or 2nd pull and runs as good as the B&S Intek. I have no complaints and it was 1/2 the price of the Intek. I would buy another one in a second.

Ron

1 - 20 of 28 Posts