My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well after studding all the JD lit over the pass few days, my 2010 JD X540 came on July 28th!

Can you tell I was a bit excited?:drunkie:
Here he is...the first few seconds:fing32:

This was better than Christmas morning at the ripe age of 5! Remember how long the month of December was? Well I had to wait 2 whole days and I was :crybaby:

Here it is today (July 29th) in front of my new 10 x 20 John Deere Parking Garage! Delivered THIS MORNING!!! :greendr:

Front left...aint he a BRUTE?:greendr:

Look at those meets! And with the mulch kit installed!:thThumbsU

Stay tuned for a complete review....

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
Looks great!! It does have an aggressive look to it! I like it!

I bet you were pacing around in anticipation for it to show up! :fing32:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Congrats! Those are some superb pics of your new ride.:eck21: Thats some great staging of it too.:thThumbsU And what did you do, have the guy circle back around the block so you could score those in route shots or did you have spotters out in the neighborhood informing you of his arrival?:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looking good! Nice photography. let us know how the mulch kit works, been thinking about getting one but have not gathered enough info yet as to how good they work.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I didn't think you could get one of those monsters in the back of a pickup truck. Was the deck on it? If it was how wide is it, can't be a 54"

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Great photography and a MEAN looking machine for sure! :)

"I came to cut grass and chew bubble gum, And I'm all outta gum!" :)

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Great pics thanks for sharing :fing32:

·
Registered
243 Posts
What a great tractor! :thThumbsU

Looks like the 48" deck and what great pics!

Mine arrive about 2 months ago and I have the mulcher on it. Absolutely a great tractor and the cut is fantastic. I'm glad I got the mulcher on it. This tractor is really a beast.

Enjoy your seat time!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks every body! :thanku:
I am really liking this tractor! Have almost 2 hours on it and I have less than an acre to cut:fing20: I cut my neighbors lawn:fing32: and I am pulling a wagon with stuff from the garage to the new shed. Been real busy...

To answer a few questions...

Yea, I was so excited that I stayed out on my front porch waiting for him to crest the hill. My wife came out and saw me with the camera and said "You have to be kidding me!" All I could do was smile:drunkie:

Yes I have the 48 inch deck. Their pickups (Deere Country in PA) are equipped with a loading system/shelf that basically sits about 6 or so inches off the bed. The ramps come out from under this shelf. Basically the mowers deck sits just above the wheel humps.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Way to go green!:greendr: Glad you are enjoying it, I really like those HDAP tires and the brush guard. And the pics of it coming down the road are classic!:fing32:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,729 Posts
That's a beaut! And those pics......wow.......they could go right into a JD sales brochure. I wish you a lot of luck with it.

·
Banned
587 Posts
I'm jealous for sure. Congratulation on the new JDX540. Looks like it has a mowing attitude. If I should purchase another John Deere, it would be this one.

I note one thing on the mowing deck, they have the guage wheels set 2-1/2" or more below the deck. The dealer does this so you will be buying some new deck wheels sooner than expected.

Hope the neighborhood doesn't have a "no noise zone", due to the fact the brute makes some sleepy head wake up.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,932 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! I think Brett might have some serious competition for nice looking tractor pics! Think you could get a shot with your wife sitting in front of it? THEN he'd be done for! :) Kidding!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I note one thing on the mowing deck, they have the guage wheels set 2-1/2" or more below the deck. The dealer does this so you will be buying some new deck wheels sooner than expected.
Without knowing the height the mowing deck is set to, you can't say whether the gauge wheels are set correctly or not.

Regards,

Rich

·
Super Moderator
32,559 Posts
Very nice looking tractor there! I agree your photos are very well set up! JD might want you to do some photography work for them!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Congrats! Those are some superb pics of your new ride.:eck21: Thats some great staging of it too.:thThumbsU And what did you do, have the guy circle back around the block so you could score those in route shots or did you have spotters out in the neighborhood informing you of his arrival?:D
He probably chased the guy all the way from the Interstate - at least I would have.

Nice looking machine and a very nice garage for it. At 20' you should be able to house plenty of accessories!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts