My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Not that I really have to tell anyone here as I'm sure you already know what's about to be said.

Through a bit of "horse trading" I ended up being the owner of a really clean 1993 J.D. 320. When I took it as part trade I was not really all that excited as I already had a "perfectly good" low hour Husqvarna for cutting the grass here.

Looked at the condition of the J.D. and thought, yeah I can sell that. So, I get the 320 home and drive it off the trailer and into my shop. Right then I knew it was not going to be up for sale anytime soon.

Next day gave it a bath and a slight bit of TLC. Advertised ride on mower for sale. Low hour Husqvarna. Sold "Husky" the same day! Man what an improvement getting a "GOOD" mower after having that other thing.

320 came with 48" mower deck and a 46" snow plow which I intend to make an electric angle blade out of. Life's full of surprises but this was a really good surprise if there ever was one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That is one clean looking machine. You don't see that model too often and it has a unique look. Enjoy and congrats!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice looking tractor. But then I am partial. I really like mine. That liquid cooled Kawa engine runs really strong. Level deck with sharp blades and you will get a nice cut. I know you will enjoy it. :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
good job on that!

ive never heard of that model what are his features? :thanku:

·
Registered
257 Posts
good job on that!

ive never heard of that model what are his features? :thanku:
Liquid cooled 18 hp Kawa engine, hyd deck lift, fender mounted hydro control and Sunstrand rear. It's actually in the 240 etc family rather than the following 3xx line.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Liquid cooled 18 hp Kawa engine, hyd deck lift, fender mounted hydro control and Sunstrand rear. It's actually in the 240 etc family rather than the following 3xx line.
I was going to say the grill looks like a JD265

·
Super Moderator
13,359 Posts
320's are great machines. Congrats. There are not a lot of them out there when you compare to others, but they are just as good :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was going to say the grill looks like a JD265

You're right. The hood and grill are also identical to the 285. 320 just has hyd lift.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had a 320 several years and like an idiot I sold it when I bought my 400. I kick myself everytime I think about it. I absolutely loved the hyrdo and lift controls being on the fender. I should have kept it as a dedicated mower but now I have a 425 as a dedicated mower so I dont miss the 320 quite as much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts