My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time people on here have asked how to handle problematic grease fittings.....I was recently working on stuff on which I came across a bunch of broken off ones....so I went on Amazon and was looking for easy outs and taps and came across this thing for eleven dollars.....it has a socket for removing both straight and angle zerks...it has an easy out to remove a broken one and a 1/4 by 28 tap to clean up the threads...it would have been a little better if it came with the proper sized drill bit to get the easy out embedded in the fitting I used a #17 bit which is pretty close to a 11/64ths to get it going

·
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes....using that sized bit enabled me to get the bite on the old zerk without damaging the threads..those were fittings that were broken off right at the hole they were in...could not get a wrench on them....but I did use the tap to clean them up...it really worked nicely...and I did use it on one that was a 45* fitting

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The only minor problem is that grease zerks come in many different sizes, both SAE, NPT & Metric. If they were all the same size, then that tool would be great!

·
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lucky in that all of the ones I had to replace were the same thread....but they do have different sized ones, if you know what size you have to work with you can just get the size you need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts