My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Fancy-Smanchy-Do-Dad

When you only have a cover plate on the nose of your tractor and you want to hold it level, plus roll it around.

The stem caster came from TSC, the thread on the stem was 7/16 – 14. I had to trim about 1/2’’ off the stem length. The thread union is also from TSC and of course 7/16 – 14, as is the bolt holding it in place. The angle iron is 2X2X3/8” because that is what I had. The length of the main body is five inches, the slice welded over the top is one inch wide, that slice holds the contraption in place with one bolt. Double click a photo to enlarge.

Caster wheel 001.jpg

Caster wheel 002.jpg

Caster wheel 003.jpg

Roger,

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Very neat.... as we begin to bring more of our L's back to life I can see a need for these "Handy-Fancy-Smanchy-Do-Dads!" May also allow me to keep more of them indoors and just my attachments under the lean to.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Here's another one, the "patent applied for" Ronnie Rest. This is just the proto type. If you look in the picture I first posted, it's to the uper right.

It will hold an L or big block two wheeler. Even with an off-center load. Beats rolling the trans around on the floor.

Attachments

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Here's another one, the "patent applied for" Ronnie Rest. This is just the proto type. If you look in the picture I first posted, it's to the uper right.

It will hold an L or big block two wheeler. Even with an off-center load. Beats rolling the trans around on the floor.
Isn't that why you have the crane on the rider?

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron,

Try mounting your cart on a motorcycle jack, then you can raise it up to a comfortable working height while sitting on a stool. I don't like working on chassis sitting on the ground. Trim the cart to a width that you can pull a wheeled tractor up onto before raising. Then you can add all kinds of hold downs.

Peter's 002.jpg

My_Cart_004.jpg

My Cart 001.jpg

My Cart 007.jpg

Roger,

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Ron,

Try mounting your cart on a motorcycle jack, then you can raise it up to a comfortable working height while sitting on a stool. I don't like working on chassis sitting on the ground. Trim the cart to a width that you can pull a wheeled tractor up onto before raising. Then you can add all kinds of hold downs.

Roger,
I like! :fing32:

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,731 Posts
I use on Roger to get the Shay up to a decent height. Even setting it up for rollers for the wheels so it can be test run in place. We need to build a Gravely dyno to test our tractors on.

·
Back in VA!
215 Posts
i like this one, it may even roll on gravel a bit

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
I use on Roger to get the Shay up to a decent height. Even setting it up for rollers for the wheels so it can be test run in place. We need to build a Gravely dyno to test our tractors on.
I have a small engine dyno that would work and I would consider parting with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts