My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it for those machines that rev to high after someone played with the govenor now I can set them back to spec

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
How accurate is it? I have a non contact laser tachometer that uses reflective strips. I have tested it on various pieces of equipment, but bought it to set the idle and high rpm of my Vanguard mud motor. It has proven to be very accurate, but it is a pain to apply the small square reflective tape.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How accurate is it? I have a non contact laser tachometer that uses reflective strips. I have tested it on various pieces of equipment, but bought it to set the idle and high rpm of my Vanguard mud motor. It has proven to be very accurate, but it is a pain to apply the small square reflective tape.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
This is laser and uses the reflection tape also it seemed to work real well threw all 3 speeds of the fan ...will test it on an engine tomorrow

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
I have one too, it works fine, just is annoying to do the actual setting, as I couldn't adjust anything and keep it aligned to read the rpm at the same time. I prefer to use a hour meter with a cord that wraps around the spark plug, that displays the rpm when the engine is running (obviously, only gas engines), so I can adjust things while watching what's happening to the rpm.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I bought a laser tach to calibrate the twin hydros on my R322TX and found that I had to hold it perfectly still to get a good reading. Basically I had to rest it against a stationary object as my hand is too shaky.

The reflective tape that was supplied with the tach does not stick in freezing temps so I had to warm the surface with a heat gun.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It works pretty good for 25 bucks lol ...The gun trick sounds good also for the snowblowers...just ordered more reflecting tape also they only send one strip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts