My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've alluded to in the john deere forum, we do a big halloween display and haunted woods. There were a few requests for some pics, so I thought this would be the best place.

It started innocently enough about 5 years ago.. we have about 10 acres, and have a few trails for our atvs. My wife made the comment that we should put a few props out there for halloween fun.. and has since snowballed into a full haunted woods. We throw 3-4 get togethers in October with about 50-70 people comprising of family, friends, and different groups we belong to. Since I am a one man show, I've gotten about as big as I can handle, but its a lot of fun for everyone. We don't have any live actors, just animatronics on motion detectors with lights, music and fog mixed in. I don't do anything gory per say, but Its definitely gotten creepier over the years. LOL!

Needless to say.. my old 425, 455, and X748 play a big part helping me get the trails done, and moving props around.

My road side scene this year and last years.. The funny part is we live on a rural road up a long driveway.. My record last year, for ToTs , was 7..haha. I put a sign down by the road welcoming ToTs, and word has gotten around that we are open on Halloween so maybe this year we'll up our record.

The yard has about 15 inflatables.. more kid friendly that the woods.

Tho I don't have many pics at the moment, my wife does the inside up also.. Those 4 big bins are just her village.

I'll continue to the woods in the next post..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The woods start over the bridge..

Then continues thru various scenes, most on motion detectors..

This isn't everything.. even the Treehouse is part of the tour and all decorated, but I haven't taken a lot of pics from this year yet.. Weather permitting, we'll be running on Halloween, then another party on Sunday. I'll be taking a lot more pics and video then.

·
Parts collector
2,966 Posts
Not a Halloween person but that is cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
I bet none of the kids that see your display want to go hide in "Big Red Barn"? .................

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,027 Posts
That's pretty amazing. Wow. I sure wish you lived close by......I'd be first on line. I realize that must be a ton of work, but it has to be so rewarding seeing folks reactions. Great job!

·
Premium Member
9,304 Posts
Forrest, that is fantastic, but I expected nothing less! Unfortunately, the 31st isn't looking too hospitable. I hope the weather folks are wrong.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used the excuse of picking up a mid driveshaft for my 425 to bring my kids and Nana to check out the decorations. Glad we visited in the day. The little one would have had nightmares if we went through in the dark.

My head is still spinning at the thought of how much work this must be. Forest and his wife are very creative. A nice fun break from a weekend filled with firewood and yard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply.. been a crazy week With work and getting ready for the final weekend. Halloween night got rained out, but had a great weekend. Party ended about 9 on Sunday so started the tear down.. finished wrapping the last extension cord up this afternoon. Mostly tucked away, but still have a few little things to do.
First round of leaf duty done.. a few weeks of yard work then Christmas goes up.. nothing like Halloween, just some white lights and a few yard items.

Eli.. glad you, Nana and the girls got to walk thru. Boy, Those cute little girls are going to keep you on your toes!

Thanks all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts