My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old hahn eclipse mower i woul d like to paint but i dont have any idea what color it is supposed to be and im colorblind. Does anyone have any information on the paint like paint codes, brands, names, etc. Thx

·
Super Moderator
17,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,501 Posts
Hi Connor, welcome from a fellow Hahn collector. What kind of paint do you need, rattle can or a paint code? I have friends who have restored a few. My friend owns the Hahn-eclipse site and runs a facebook group for it as well.

I would like to see your mower :)

Myself I have 2 GT700s, 2 RMD400s, and a 24" Snow Giant snowblower

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Connor, welcome from a fellow Hahn collector. What kind of paint do you need, rattle can or a paint code? I have friends who have restored a few. My friend owns the Hahn-eclipse site and runs a facebook group for it as well.

well now mine seems puny, atm it is just one. And it is a Push mower. I havent been able to identify the modle because the tag was just like a plastic decal. a few years back i was digging through an old shed at my grandpas and quite litteraly unburied it. Then i just left it in the shop shed for a few years. About a year back i took a look at the motor and it had been ruined. The conecting rod had been broken and bust through the block and the flywheel is broke. but the carb, motor cover, and tank i saved along with the rest of the non motor parts. and we own a hahn sprayer that looks like this but all that is readable on the tag is the number 420. I wish that was a joke. Who ever owned it previously decided that must be the model number though cause it has 420 sprayed on the side. also im rather new to this site so i dont knwo how much or little i should talk, so sorry if this is long. also if you have, Just the paint code.

·
Premium Member
10,501 Posts
well now mine seems puny, atm it is just one. And it is a Push mower. I havent been able to identify the modle because the tag was just like a plastic decal. a few years back i was digging through an old shed at my grandpas and quite litteraly unburied it. Then i just left it in the shop shed for a few years. About a year back i took a look at the motor and it had been ruined. The conecting rod had been broken and bust through the block and the flywheel is broke. but the carb, motor cover, and tank i saved along with the rest of the non motor parts. and we own a hahn sprayer that looks like this but all that is readable on the tag is the number 420. I wish that was a joke. Who ever owned it previously decided that must be the model number though cause it has 420 sprayed on the side. also im rather new to this site so i dont knwo how much or little i should talk, so sorry if this is long. also if you have, Just the paint code.
Every collection starts somewhere! I have been into the Hahn machines for almost 9 years now. If you have a picture of the mower my friends may be able to help ID it?

I will try to get you the paint info here shortly! I'm glad you decided to save the old mower, sounds like it could use some love

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The most common colour the other's use is Cub Cadet yellow as it is very close to the factory colour :)

thanks. I will try to get a picture soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The most common colour the other's use is Cub Cadet yellow as it is very close to the factory colour :)

Thx for the help, ive actually just started the painting process on sunday with a coat of primer. didnt want all my sanding to turn to rust, now its sitting with a bright coar of cub yellow. ill try and get a picture soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts