My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been meaning to move this pile of stone (leftover from shed leveling/foundation -previous homeowner-) for a while. Was using the excuse of not having a wheel barrow etc for long enough:hide:.
Now I have the cart so job needed tending too. Made 3 trips, very heavy trips! I should have left the chains on :00000061: as traction became an issue immediately. I've also have to stop farting around and get some wheel weights! This little tractor has all the power in the world but is not worth a darn if I cannot get it to the ground!
Regardless, I was able to get it all cleaned up and moved an additional 6 loads of larger rocks from around tree stumps needing grinding as well. Was a good 2 nights work.
The cart can sure take a load and was worth the $100 I paid for it. A lot fewer trips than a wheel barrow!:thThumbsU
I'm not sure how much weight was in the 10cu.ft. cart per load. Coverts to .37 yards roughly.

My apology for no in process or finish pictures. Worked till dark both days.

MU

Attachments

·
MTF Rasberry Farmer
264 Posts
Job well done Underhill! You earned a cold one, and I'm buying.. :trink39:

·
16,612 Posts
Rear wheel weights would work great for that need--and once put on--just leave them on...Should be plenty around your neck of the woods. Any brand for a twelve inch wheel will work.

glenn

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Yep those trailers save alot on the back. I used my to level out my driveway with gravel off the edge of the road. Took 8 loads with my trailer with atv and used the jd 130 to level it out.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up a nice pair of 50 lb each cast iron wheel weights. Cannot be happier. Going to paint today and mount tonight or tomorrow. They look great as I test fit them last night after getting them home. They are clean, mint condition original bolens weights. They are later ones without cast in name too! The off white paint on them was in great shape but am going to paint silver to match wheels on the 310-8. Came with bolts as well!

Will post picture once done. Good thing as I plan to haul a lot of dirt this coming Saturday morning to fill low spots and where group of tree stumps were.

MU

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here they are curing in oven.

More once mounted. Silver is a bit brite :dunno: but good enough.

Just put in my trunk, they are even brighter outside! They might blind someone if light hits them just right.:sidelaugh

Going to have to paint the wheels now so they'll match. I need new front tires anyway and was planning on blast and re-paint then.
I used rust-oleum and thinned with acetone again.

MU

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very nice wheel weights! Cleanin' up very well too.

I like the Duplicolor Heavy Duty Wheel Paint, guess it would work on weights too. Dries lickety split and matches very well the WH silver wheels. :fing32:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts